Sunday, June 24, 2007
Sono Arrivata Questo Pomeriggio :)
I've been awake for over 32 hours straight, so forgive me if this sounds scattered. The flights to get to Florence were a mess of delays and lost luggage (found before we left but caused another delay by searching) and not being able to sleep and people wanting to speak Italian with me. I had a flight attendant on one flight that looked exactly like Courtney Cox, and I was really disappointed when her name wasn't Monica. But, I made it here in one piece, with all of my luggage and I'm still awake remarkably. It was gorgeous and sunny and hot today, and so I checked into my hostel (we can't move into the UM program until tomorrow) and went on a wandering tour of the city. I'm in love already. The Duomo is beautiful and I watched the sunset near Ponte Vecchio. Tonight there is a fireworks show over the river, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to last another hour to see it...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay! I'm just laughing because I can't tell if the time for your posts are on my time or yours...I'm sure I'll figure it out one of these days. Glad you made it there safe and sound, and I SOOOOO can't wait to see pics. :) We spent the day at the beach, which isn't Italy, but was gorgeous just the same. Love you and I'm so excited about your blog!!! PS: Rex stole Wicked from me, so I have to wait for him to finish it so I can read it...BOOOO to that. :)
Post a Comment