Saturday, June 30, 2007
Since I was so tired yesterday, I'm updating more now. Yesterday, my program went to Cinque Terre...which is hands-down one of the most beautiful places that I have ever seen. It is a series of 5 small towns that are built into the cliffs on the Mediterranean Sea, and that are linked together by difficult hiking trails. We took a boat from La Spezia (not one of the 5) to Monterosso (the nortnern-most town). Monterosso is known for it's beautiful beach, but we did the first leg of the hike to Vernazza. It was 2 km practically straight up, lots and lots of stairs, and me being terrified that I would slip and fall considering my luck with stairs... But the hike was worth the views-the pictures do not even begin to do the actual sight justice-the water was just SO pretty in color, and the cliffs down to the sea with waves crashing into them...I was in awe. And then, when we got to Vernazza, we spent the afternoon swimming in the Mediterranean Sea and sunbathing on the big rocks. I didn't want to ever leave...so luckily, I get to go back with my mom and brother in August, and we're actually staying there for the weekend :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ummmmmm yeah. The pics were GORGEOUS, I really wish I could make the trip with you guys in August! :) You're going to have an amazing time!!! Looks like it was an excellent weekend.
Post a Comment