It's update time again...I finished my first grad class yesterday, and I'm getting better grades in grad school then I ever imagined in undergrad haha. The highlight of the last few weeks definitely was having my family come visit for Thanksgiving. I got to try my hand at cooking dinner (pineapple glazed ham, sour cream mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, crescent rolls, homemade macaroni & cheese, pumpkin torte and brownies). It was delicious, and Erik liked his vegetarian options. The only thing was that I completely forgot about stuffing until a couple days later when I opened the cupboard and saw the Stovetop box haha. We walked around the Mall, went out to dinner and a movie, played pool, toured the Capitol, Botanical Gardens, and the Air/Space museum. It was AMAZING, and I miss my family so much still. I hadn't realized how empty/lonely my apartment was until it was packed with my family, and then they left. Very strange.
I'm looking forward to Texas though! A friend from college just hired in with Lockheed in Ft. Worth as well, so we signed a lease together. I don't live there yet (I officially move January 8) but I do have an address and will be there to unpack in late December:
3450 River Park Dr.
Apt #838A
Fort Worth, TX 76116
Another friend from high school is moving to Dallas, which is pretty much the same city, and one of my college roommates/best friends just accepted a job offer in Austin (3 hours south). I'll probably do grad school at the University of Texas, so I'd get to see her once a month while taking classes! I'm moving to Arlington on Thursday since I canceled my lease early here, so I'll be in temp housing until I move to Texas.
Life here in metro-DC is still really fun though. I've been going to Capitals games, and they're definitely becoming my Eastern Conference team. Student tickets are $15 upper bowl, and $35 lower, so I get to sit like 10 rows off the ice or closer for crazy cheap. And, you get a free Chipotle burrito haha! I finally got a GPS unit, and I can drive in DC/Arlington without getting lost, which is fantastic. Still no "real" snow yet, but thank god! We got a dusting yesterday (quite literally, it was barely visible) and NO ONE could drive. People were going 35 on the highway and panicking, which made it impossible to get anywhere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment