Monday, December 22, 2008

Whirlwind

Tomorrow at 8am, I will have been in Texas, Virginia, Washington DC, and Michigan all within 48 hours. I'm a tired girl, but I need a break from packing so I'm going to post. I am done on my current rotation on the 31st, which is perfect for a huge New Year's Eve celebration in DC. I've then got a week and a half off until I start my next rotation down in Texas, and I've got the tough part of the move out of the way. I went to Fort Worth this weekend to sign my lease, unpack, and meet my new coworkers. The apartment is great-high ceilings, big balcony, corner apartment, main building, etc. I'm living with a friend from UM that was in IOE with me, which is really nice too. We've already got tickets to the Red Wings vs. Stars game on January 12th.

Friday, I toured the our facility and fell in love. It is exactly what I want to be doing :) My coworkers seem friendly, and my director is wonderful-he took an hour to walk me around and introduce me to everyone. I spent the afternoon wandering around downtown in the sunshine and 73 degree weather (wonderful!!). I went out on Friday night with my roommate and another guy from LM that was visiting for his relocation trip. We discovered a bar called the Library, which is hilarious.

My stuff was delivered on Saturday, so I spent the entire day unpacking and setting up my room. Sunday was the same, plus my trip back to DC. I've posted a few pictures, but once I'm there, I'm sure there will be more!

Michigan tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Looks like a fun city. I'm sure you'll have many good times. : ) See you later today!!!