So, 6 months have come and gone since graduation, but I still feel like I'm in college sometimes. I have a full time job and pay bills and rent and am planning a career, but it all just still hasn't hit. I guess I kind of feel like I could go back to school any given day and feel like nothing has changed, even though it most definitely has.
The holidays were wonderful. I spent a week in Michigan, which started out with 2 feet of snow, then thunderstormed, flooded, and got crazy windy and foggy. Of course I got the full effect of Michigan weather. The gingerbread house competition was a huge success, and I think it is going to become an annual event. I got to see Sarah in Grand Rapids, and met up with a couple of other college friends that night.
I came back to DC because I had to work the 30th and 31st, but have been on vacation since, and will be until January 12. NYE was amazing. I went to a huge party at a convention center with some friends that all work together at the Navy. There was dinner, unlimited drinks, and an amazing DJ that made for a wonderful night.
I did a whirlwind tour of DC yesterday with my friend Brandon so that I could get in all the touristy things I hadn't gotten around to doing. We have a going away dinner tonight, and then I'm flying to Texas on Tuesday at 11am. We'll see how I like being a southern girl :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment