Sunday, January 25, 2009

And, I'm a Texan!!

Although, I said that at work, and my coworker was offended...and told me that I wouldn't be a true Texan for at least another 20 years. She was kidding, I think.

I have fallen in love with this place already though. It's sunny and warm and I can't imagine having a cooler job. Working a 9/80 is amazing-I love having every other Friday off!! The rotational program that I am in has about 30 people at the same site-so there are a ton of people my age to hang out with. My roommate had to go back to Michigan the weekend of my birthday, so they were the group that took me out. We went to a piano bar and it was a great time.

Fort Worth is nice-very Texas. I've had tons of BBQ and TexMex, and discovered this drink called the Swirl which is a margarita swirled with sangria. It's delicious, and everyone drinks them down here. There's also a Birchman St. here!! It's meant to be haha. I've been to Dallas a couple of times-we saw the Red Wings/Stars game. It was a good game, but the Wings lost.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Mmmm Texmex and the swirls sound delicious!!! I'm glad you're loving it down there, and totally jealous of the sunny, warm weather.