And, life got a bit crazy.
I've settled into everything here, and am loving it. Definitely have a lot to update on...starting back in January:
The rodeo was a bit overwhelming. I wasn't quite ready for it, and well, don't plan on ever going again lol. I spent the last week of January in Georgia visiting our site in Marietta, and stayed for the weekend in Atlanta. Went to the aquarium, visited the Coca-Cola museum, and ate at a place that served fried chicken and waffles...together. I met up with my friend Sejal from college, which was fun too.
I was back in Texas for a few weeks, and got settled into my job. I really like my coworkers. My team lead has had such an amazing career all over the world, and I love listening to him talk about the company and what he's worked on. I work in a pretty young office, which is a rare find at LM. I spend a lot of time laughing with everyone, and I like what I'm learning as well. I spend as much time on the floor as I can, even though it doesn't really link to my direct job. It's just so damn cool to be able to walk by the jets any time you want.
I visited Renee in Austin for her birthday, and loved the city. Krista Ercius came down from Arizona and it was a 916 Sybil mini-reunion. 6th street is amazing-they literally close down the street at night for pedestrians. It was so fun being with old friends from UM and I'm really happy Renee only lives three hours away!
I spent a week in PA at our sister facility/supplier, and that was interesting. I liked being able to be hands-on and learned a tremendous amount from being with my team lead for the week. After the trip, I kind of have shifted from being a buyer to a supply chain engineer since it suits me a lot more. I spend a lot of time tracking down shortages and working with our other buyers and analyzing part transfers. That week was also amazing because I surprised my parents by showing up at home for a visit. I worked it out with my siblings, and walked in the front door and it was just amazing to see my family again. I also got a night out in Ann Arbor, which is always fabulous!
Another friend from UM was hired at our facility, Patsy Hutchinson. She was an IOE as well, and lived with Caitlin in college and she just moved in with us this week. It's a bit crazy with three of us and my kitten that thinks he's a puppy, but it's nice because our place definitely feels lived in now. And, it's even more fun with two roommates to hang out with than one :) Its a fun young crowd around here and I like the people I've met a lot. We went on a barcrawl with over 100 people in Fort Worth a couple weekends ago, joined kickball and softball teams, and last weekend went to a country concert at this crazy honky-tonk bar called Billy Bob's. I did Habitat for Humanity last weekend, joined a Relay for Life team, and am going to start doing Junior Achievement with a second grade class at the end of the month. I really like Fort Worth so far :)
Grad school this quarter has been brutal. I really hate finance/accounting, and that's what my class has been in. The one good thing I do have to say for it is that it got me really interested in the stock market. I actually opened an E Trade account and re-did my 401k. I've decided that I'm going to get my master's at UT Austin in Engineering Management. They have a program that is one weekend per month for two years, and I think I could handle that. Way better than online at least, and...good football tickets again!! I am taking the GRE in June, and am looking at starting next January.
Ahhh I think that's all for now. Spring is starting, and it's getting gorgeous here :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The place you ate at in Atlanta...was it owned by Gladys Knight??? I saw the restaurant on an episode of Man vs Food on the travel channel...(there isn't much on late at night for me to watch ;) ).
Miss you darling. :) Have a good week!
~MB
Jealous that you can run around in flip flops and grill out by the pool...but glad you're settling in to everything. Miss you as usual, and good luck with the kickball, softball, etc. :)
Post a Comment