Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Texas Pizza...

...is not good :(

I never realized how spoiled I was to have grown up between Chicago and New York. I miss my Pizza House and Dolly's Pizza and Cottage Inn and Main Street Pizza and DeLuca's terribly. The crust is a happy medium thickness between the thin NY Style and the Chicago deep dish. There's more sauce than NY style...but not overwhelming like Chicago. I've tried and tried and tried to find decent pizza here, and nothing touches the pizza that was so familiar in Michigan.

Texas has the chains: Domino's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's...but I don't really like any of those even in Michigan.

Who would have thought something like pizza could have such an amazing niche in Michigan of all places?

1 comment:

Monica said...

Hmm looks like you'll just have to start a pizza restaurant in Texas then... :) Hopefully you'll find some good pizza one of these days, that would be a sad thing to go with out!!