Got home last weekend from an amazing trip with my brother. We did Ireland, Norway, Sweden and I got a night in London. I leave tomorrow for PA for work again, so I don't have much time to update but highlights include:
*Guinness on top of the original factory overlooking Dublin
*Hiking around the Howth Peninsula cliffs and rhododendron forest
*Seeing real Viking ships
*The roof of the Oslo Opera House that slopes down to the water and you can walk on it
*Seeing Edvard Munch's "The Scream" that was stolen and recovered in 2006
*Realizing the significance of the Dala horse toys we had as children
*Going to IKEA for the first time ever...and it being in Sweden!
*The Absolute Ice Bar...which was literally a bar made of ice, including the glasses and tables
Southern Norway looks remarkably similar to Michigan-even the plantlife is identical to that you find back home. Crazy! Also, I got to see where Erik is living for study abroad (Uppsala) and had a day in London where I ran around like a crazy tourist so I could see Big Ben, Buckingham Palace and the London Bridge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So happy you and E had such a good time in Europe! The pics were great. Hope you have fun this weekend in Chicago, and see you in a few short weeks! :)
Post a Comment