My new rotation has hit me pretty hard. I've already worked over 40 hours this week, and it's only Tuesday. The floor is a very demanding, stressful place to be working right now, but I know the frustration will fade once I've settled in more and actually know how to use the 15 or so different computer systems we use to status parts and planning and specs and changes and shortages. Right now they're all just acronyms that I don't know what the letters even stand for! Patience is a virtue that I never really did learn.
Midterms for my LAST Drexel class are this weekend, and I cannot wait to be donnnnne! I'm definitely taking off a year before starting my real graduate degree. I got Green Belt trained for Lean/Six Sigma last week (which didn't help with the new rotation transition) and I've officially transitioned to being a committee lead for Aeronautics. I should be doing a lot of recruiting events this fall, which I'm really looking forward to.
Mid-July, I got to go back to Michigan for the wedding of two college friends. It's crazy to think that I remember hearing them talk about meeting one another freshman year in the dorms...and now they're married! I road-tripped up to Traverse City with my sophomore and junior year roommate, Chrissy, which was a blast. And besides me coming in from TX, I got to see my friends that ended up all over the country-Seattle, San Fransisco, Las Vegas, Boulder, LA, NYC. It made me miss undergrad a lot!! I also go to see my parents, sister, and brother in law, which always makes me happy. I really miss having my family close.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment