Monday, September 7, 2009

Where did August go?!

My job owns me. That's basically how to explain my last month or so. I always thought I was the type of person that valued a work/life balance too much to agree to have a job like this...but I was wrong.

I have my DREAM job. I absolutely love what I do and it amazes me that I have the opportunity to do it each and every day. When I drive through the gate and see our run-stations, it is an incredible feeling to be a part of making that happen. When I see a plane take off...it's just remarkable. I've never had a job where I felt this engaged. I highly doubt I'll ever be able to find another one that challenges me this much, while loving every second.

Unfortunately, the work schedule is brutal. I get every other weekend off, if I'm lucky. So that's 12 days of work in a row, then 2 off. I work about 10 hrs a day usually-sometimes up to 12. We aren't guaranteed holidays. I leave exhausted every day. It's definitely taking a toll on me, but, as weird as it sounds...the work is so amazing that the job is almost addicting.

Basically, work is my life right now. Thankfully, I'm doing recruiting as well, so I get to go back to Michigan in a couple of weeks and have a breath of reality. And, in October, my childhood best friend, Gabe, is moving here! It'll be so nice to have a bit of home here.

No comments: