Wednesday, November 11, 2009

And suddenly, it's halfway through November?!

Wow. Haven't updated in awhile, to say the least. I'm settled into my rotation, however, with that comes more responsibility. Definitely still learning a lot, and loving it. Selected my next rotation as well-I'll be doing continuous improvement with our suppliers all over the country. Recruiting season is almost over, and so far one of my friends from college has an offer to start in January in Fort Worth. We're slowly building a UM alumni base haha :) One of my best friends from growing up just moved here too! Gabe!

Went home to Michigan in October for my grandpa's 85th birthday and that was awesome. Baseball themed party because we weren't allowed to call it a birthday party. We even sang "Take me out to the ballgame" instead of "happy birthday". Went to my first Texan football game-apparently the tiny college in Fort Worth is sweet at football-like #4 in the nation sweet. We've got tickets this weekend too. ESPN Game Day will be there :) Experienced the Texas State Fair which was ridiculous. More fried food than I ever could imagine: apples, Twinkies, Snickers, Oreos, guacamole, PB&J...everything. It was crazy. Played on the OLDP softball team-and we've lost EVERY single game so far. Playoffs are this weekend. Should be awesome haha. Fort Worth had an awesome airshow. Got to see the Blue Angels fly (and the pilots toured my station at work!!). And, the most recent excitement was Austin for Halloween. 6th Street was crazy fun and I got to see Renee!!

And then, I signed up to run a half marathon.

Yup, read that again. March 14 I'm running the Dallas Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon. I needed a goal of some sort to make myself take time for me, and to actually work out. I still work some crazy hours, but I'm going to have to learn to manage my time smarter. And, it feels good to be active again. And by good, I mean my calves are KILLING me and I desperately need a back massage. I feel like the first week of high school soccer practice ALL over again.

No comments: