Friday, August 10, 2007

Il mio prima temporale!!

I'm back in Florence for one last time, and I witnessed two very strange things:
1) I was cold last night
2) It THUNDERSTORMED today
I was in complete awe. I actually almost put on a hooded sweatshirt today, but then Erik reminded me that Michigan is going to be like this anyway, so I'd better get used to it again. We went to the Uffizi Gallery today (I learned that I like paintings by Botticelli and Lippi, and not many others), and we walked down by the Ponte Vecchio. If it isnt storming later, we're going to watch the sunset over the river from Piazza Michelangelo.

Yesterday, we went to the Accademia to see David, and to San Marco. Then we headed to Pisa for the evening to climb the tour and take cheesy pictures. At the end of my study abroad program, I told our gardener that I hadn't been to Pisa, and his response was "GOOD!" Sorry to let you down Brunno...

I'd upload pics if I could, but there isn't wireless here so everything is on my laptop. Venice tomorrow :)

1 comment:

Monica said...

Realllllllllly can't wait to see you guys Friday! :) Tell mom HAPPY BIRTHDAY for me and give her a big hug. Love you all and counting down 'til Friday nite around 8ish...