Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Last day in the villa...sad!!

Basically, that's it. I've got a 10am train to Florence, then a noon train to Milan to meet up with my mom and brother. It's strange to be packing and leaving right now, because I feel so settled. I'd gotten used to the pattern of living here, and had found a great group of people to hang out with!! Last night we had our goodbye dinner, with a concert from the musically inclined students (aka NOT me) that were in the choir here. Our chef, Nino, sang the most amazing opera pieces, I was in awe. I still can't believe I'm not going to live at the villa anymore...

That being said, I can't wait to travel with my family. We have a whirlwind tour of Italy planned, with a surprise trip to Switzerland for my mom's birthday. It should be really fun, and I can't wait to show them everything here that I've fallen in love with :)

Aug 2-3: Milan
Aug 4-5: Cinque Terre
Aug 6-8: Rome
Aug 9: Pisa/Florence
Aug 10: Florence
Aug 11-12: Venice
Aug 13-15: Lake Como and Switzerland
Aug 16: Home

1 comment:

Monica said...

I can't believe it's been 6 weeks already! Wow, and I've just been chillin' here in Michigan...time flies. :) Have fun travelling, can't wait to see you all on the weekend of the 17th!!! Adios