Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Mini Update...

I fly home tomorrow, although it most definitely does NOT feel like it. After my last post, we visited Venice, Lake Como, and Switzerland.

I don't know how you can visit Venice and not fall in love with the city on first sight-it is absolutely beautiful, no matter where in the city you end up at. We basically decided not to use a map, and ended up seeing the prettiest canals and side allies and little shops. We took a gondola ride and toured Doge's Palace and I just was obsessed with how pretty everything was.

Lake Como was beautiful also, except Mom and Erik were sick and it rained one day, so that made it interesting. We didn't get to go swimming due to check-in and check-out issues (the hotel closed from 10am-4pm each day) but I wanted to SO badly. The water is that gorgeous, clear Mediterranean blue, and there are mountains surrounding the lake, and palm trees lining the shores. So gorgeous!! It is definitely on my list of places in Italy to return to for a longer period of time.

We went to Lugano one day, and I am convinced that city is the most culturally confused place in the world. The country is Switzerland, the money is a Franc, the signs are all in Italian, and most people spoke German... Very strange...

No comments: