Last night was the first time I've ever even been slightly chilled in Italy. It was super windy, which made it impossible to sleep with all of the windows and doors of the villa blowing open and then slamming shut. But, it makes for a beautiful day today!! Only a high of 84, which is 10 degrees cooler than I've grown used to having. It also marks the first day that it has been COLDER here than in Michigan!!
It was my last day of class today-and finals, which is great :) I wrote the longest paper I've had to write in college over the weekend, 12 pages. It made me remember once again why I'm an engineer-I've written lab reports/technical papers twice as long as that, but with those I get to deal with real data and don't waste hours of my life looking for symbolism that may or may not really be something the director intended-which is a total waste of time in my opinion. Give me numbers and facts to logically analyze any day.
"You can easily see the difference (between the UM and Wisconson students in our program). The UM students are much more jaded." -one of my professors
Yes, they do work us insanely hard at UM. We are tired and worn out. I still am, even after 6 weeks in Italy.
"And the Duke students? They're just AWFUL." -same professor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment