I leave here a week from tomorrow, which is strange to me. Things here feel settled and comfortable now, like I should still have a couple more months at least. I have a feel for the city and life at the villa and how everything works. Some of my friends in the program and I were discussing if we could do a whole semester program as opposed to the one we all chose, and I'm divided. I know that I want to live here for longer, and a semester or 6 months seems like what would have been perfect. But at the same time, I am not willing to give up that amount of time out of the years I have at UM. I think I would miss out on too much there, not to mention how it would push back my graduation due to the lack of engineering credits offered here. I really think that I'm going to want to live abroad at some point, probably within the first 5 years after I graduate, so in my job hunt, I'm going to try to find a company that has offices in Italy.
My mom and brother fly out in a week from today, which is exciting!! I cannot wait to see them, and to get to travel around Italy for a couple of weeks :)
Also, I seem to have jinxed my last post, as yesterday it didn't get up to 90, and actually rained for the first time in a month (and really by rain I mean a 10 minute shower) and then we had steak for dinner, and today had calamari for lunch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment