Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Una Cena Memorabile

Last night was a girl in our program's birthday, so a bunch of us went out to this dinner and theater event in Florence. It was interesting...the dinner was massive, there is no other way to describe it. There were so many courses that I actually lost count-and we took to sharing courses because we couldn't eat everything (and you were not allowed to not eat something on your plate...you'd get yelled at and sent back to your seat). The food was either fabulous, or awful-there really was no middle ground for my taste buds. I had the best pesto I've ever eaten-it was amazing, but I also had the worst salad I've ever tried. There was unlimited wine, which made the theater performance interesting. It was a comedy in Italian, and I think I could have followed it if she hadn't spoke so quickly. To be completely honest, I lost interest and ended up taking a nap...

Tomorrow I am headed to Lucca for their Medieval Festival, and then taking the night train for a weekend on an island off the coast...which is a good thing considering the temperatures here are hitting 90, and going to 100 next week...

3 comments:

Monica said...

Oooooooh a "memorable dinner" or something like that. :) It sounds wonderful! I looooove pesto, it's so yummy, you should go back and smuggle some home...have a blast this weekend and maybe I can call on Sunday on your way home from the beach weekend. Love ya chica!

Jocelyn Edin said...

I am so envious of your experiences, the good and the bad (Naples sounded scary but a good learning experience). Could you add me to your photo mailing list? :) I'm not kidding. I saw Monica mention photos of Sorrento and I only have a fuzzy-edged image of that place in my mind. It was amazingly gorgeous.

So, jocelyn@qltd.com Thanks!

Kari Ann said...

Sorrento was really pretty, and I'll have up the pictures from this past weekend fairly soon, but to see them, all you have to do is go to:
http://kariann916.shutterfly.com
It should have all of the albums and update automatically, but let me know if it doesn't work for you :)