Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Siesta, Siesta

After sending an ungodly amount of postcards-I actually got my first piece of mail today at the villa. If you think getting mail at your house at school is exciting, try being half way across the world and actually getting something :)

I also learned how to bargain at the markets, rode on my first double-decker train, and managed to wake up on time for a field trip that I didn't know I had. And as excited as I was about the 2 floor train, it doesn't make up for the fact that it stopped at my stop, but the doors would NOT open. I got locked inside of my train, and no one could get the doors to open on either end of the compartment until 2 stops later...which made for a very long walk home from the other side of town.

It's getting very hot here. And by hot I mean HOT. It is 10:30pm here and it is still 86 outside, and the high was 100 degrees today. The forecast doesn't go below 90 in the next 10 days. I love the heat, but it makes me sleepy. Afternoon siesta is probably one of the greatest things ever.

3 comments:

SoTellMe.. said...

Hello From France!

Monica said...

I reallllllly think America needs to adopt some of these cultural niceties...like the afternoon siesta and lots of vacation time and I could go on and on...what is wrong with our country...UGH. I'm all about moving to Europe right now, America is too obsessed with bussiness and working our lives away...

Anonymous said...

Hey, what an adventure....