Friday, July 27, 2007
Viareggio
So, I went to the beach today-there is one about an hour and a half away from the villa by train. It was definitely the most entertaining catching of a train I've taken part in-it showed up early, and I was with another girl on the other side of the tracks having just bought our tickets. The trains only stop at the small stations for 3 minutes, and we had to go underneath the tracks to get to the train so we started running. As most of you know, I am not the most graceful person, especially when stairs are involved...and I definitely ended up falling while running up the stairs-just when I could see the other three girls in our group holding the doors of the train that were beeping like crazy because they needed to shut. Somehow, we made it on the train, me with one shoe, a bleeding knee, and a broken strap on my tote bag, and my friend holding my other shoe and stuff that had went flying out of my bag. Great start haha. It was nice to be able to spend the 97 degree day by the sea, but the beach was the first one that didn't really impress me. It was sandy, but the water wasn't very clear, and it was too warm. It was really cool that you could see the mountains from the seashore though :) I also managed to get my first sunburn-a very strange one at that-it is just a little outline around one side of my bikini top. Since I'm going into my battle scars of the day, I also cut my finger with a butter knife during breakfast. I think it's a sign I should probably call it a day...haha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like an adventure of a beach day. :) Just got your Rome postcard, thanks for thinking of us. My birthday card came today also, it's cute and I'm glad you decided to translate it for me. It was really sweet of your to send something even with all you have going on. Hope everything is wonderful and you, mom, and E are going to have an amazing time later this week. Enjoy it and have some fun for me! Love you...
ahhh damn I sent it too early!! I wasn't sure how to time a letter to the States, but I wanted it to be early rather than late so I sent it with some cushion time (apparently a week's worth haha). yeah, I'm really excited to see them and start the travels, and slightly nervous to be the sole translator...
Post a Comment