I guess I'll start with leaving, and slowly update until I get caught up to where I am at. I spent a week in Portland just relaxing/packing before the move, a day at Lake Michigan, and then my parents had a going away party for me the weekend before the move. We left at 5am and made the drive in one day-which was great.

My apartment complex is beautiful-I've got a gym and a pool with a waterfall and I have a brand new unit that no one has lived in before me. I'm kind of in love with my closet. I'm pretty sure that it alone is bigger than my first dorm room.


The first week my parents stayed in town, and we celebrated the 4th of July once I finished unpacking/building things like book shelves and dressers. I wish I had better photos but my digital camera didn't enjoy college night life as much as I did.

It was a really great weekend because I had some friends from UM come to town and they introduced me to their friends in DC so I'd know some people. I even found another displaced Red Wings fan that is getting me up to speed on the Capitals. Had a great day dodging the rain showers, playing in fountains we weren't supposed to be in, watching the fireworks over the Washington Monument, and spending the night out in Georgetown.
No comments:
Post a Comment